Summer Solstice!  

Posted by shashank in

June 21, 2009

Today is the first day in the 24 years of my life that I am consciously aware that (maybe somebody sometimes must have reminded me in my school days but I don't remember a case of having paid attention) its the day of Summer Solstice. The Reason? It was a God damn hot day on the field of Archery.

Today I was accompanied to the field by my friend Nileshwar (alias Anna). For his first day he outperformed my first day by miles. Indulging in a bit of self-adoration, I would say, that unlike me, he had a very good teacher! After finding his anchor point and gun point (actually its equivalent for the bow) he landed his arrows in a very close group near the target and scored a hit in his first 20 rounds - which I am guessing to be the first 20 of his life. It was also the first time I saw my bow in action and its good to see it work in third person. For my record - I fired 40 arrows (20 with each hand) and was pretty satisfied with my own group. I wouldn't say it was a marked progress (or for that matter any progress at all) over my last session.

I certainly regret of not capturing Anna's first hit on my cellphone cam. Nevertheless, for reference, following is the picture of footballers practicing in the region a bit away from where we practiced archery.

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment