Posted by shashank in

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally I found my gunsight (read bowsight). Presently I am using my first knuckle to aim at the target (shown to the left). Shown on the top is the group of 10 arrows which have landed near the target (excuse the clarity or the lack of it). Unfortunately none has landed on the target itself. I am unsure about my anchor point but it is something like my thumb touching my ear tragus. Continuing my practice with a consistent anchor point and sight yielded significantly better results. Still, as can be seen in the image on the top, my aim is awful (the image has been captured from a point 5-6 steps away and the start point is further away by 32 steps from the target). In the later rounds I was able to land about 1.5 arrows out of 10 on the target. Breathing in while pulling the arrow seemed to have a positive effect on the accuracy - though it may just be a figment of my imagination.

Archery term of the day: Let-off (Compound bow)
It is reduction in the holding weight as compared to the maximum draw weight, expressed as percentage of the maximum draw weight. Thus, due to there mechanical design, compound bows have let-offs in the range of 50%-99% (typical values). Yes you read it right - 99% let-offs are real. Also, if you extend the term to all bows, for example, a long-bow would have a 0% let-off.
OR Google : "let off archery"

This entry was posted on Monday, June 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment